When I first moved to Massachusetts and heard people talking about “Mass Save,” I didn’t really get what it meant. What does it do? Who is it for? What does it offer me?
What IS Mass Save®?
Over time I realized that part of my confusion was that Mass Save offers so many things to everyone. Homeowners, business owners, and renters. There are programs which are “income eligible,” and those that are not income restricted.
The goal, even as it has evolved over decades, is to help Massachusetts residents reduce their energy costs, improve their homes, and take an active role in creating a more energy efficient future. So, Mass Save gives you gadgets, energy plans, cash, and sometimes does the work for you.
Everything starts with a free home energy assessment, which can even be done virtually now.
Virtual Home Energy Assessments
Energy savings begin here. Schedule your no-cost Virtual Home Energy Assessment.
Virtual Home Energy Assessments, on-site or virtually, are available whether you are a homeowner, renter or landlord! Additionally, customers who meet household incomes guidelines may be eligible for enhanced offers through the Mass Save Income Eligible Program.
By taking advantage of a virtual Home Energy Assessment, you’re not only improving your home’s energy performance and saving money, you’re getting the experience of making hands-on improvements while learning about your home, all while staying safe and comfortable.
What you’ll receive from your no-cost virtual Home Energy Assessment:
- A customized energy report tailored specifically to your home and emailed to you.
- No-cost energy-saving products recommended during your assessment delivered to your door which may include, ENERGY STAR® certified LED bulbs, advanced power strips, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, or efficient thermostats.
- Up to 75% or more off approved insulation improvements.
- No cost targeted air sealing.
- Rebates of up to $2,750 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling and/or water heating equipment (eligibility is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment).
- The opportunity to apply for 0% interest financing through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program for eligible upgrades.
There is no reason to wait to contact MassSave. When you get a new home, or if you haven’t had an energy assessment in your current home. It is all win!
Together, we make good energy happen for Massachusetts.
“Our local electric and natural gas utilities and energy efficiency service providers are taking strides in energy efficiency: Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid and Unitil.
Mass Save® has goal of helping residents and businesses across Massachusetts save money and energy, leading our state to a clean and energy efficient future.
These programs and services are managed and delivered by electric and gas sponsors (working closely with the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources), providing the energy expertise to help you save energy and money. The funding is supported from a charge on customers’ energy bills.
Through the joint efforts of the Mass Save collaborative, Massachusetts is one of the most energy efficient states in the country, according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).
We continue to make strides in energy efficiency and build a clean energy future for everyone in the state!“